Google

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Internet Monk: For Smart Guys Like Me

Here's a good piece written by Michael Spencer, the Internet Monk. Michael is quite good at thoughtful and thought-provoking blog posts. This one gives us that and so much more. Here's a money quote:

I’ve told myself I’m smart, or at least smart-er than someone else, on more than a few occasions. For example, despite their training and expertise, major league umpires are almost always wrong in comparison to my observation of the same third strike pitch.

Actually, when it comes to claims of intelligence, I’m quite a skeptic. I’ve had professors that were world class and couldn’t stick to a simple syllabus or balance a checkbook. I’ve been around smart people who didn’t know how to bathe, comb their hair or change their shirt.


Enjoy!
CLICK HERE TO READ

No comments: